Sunday, October 02, 2005

My Son. My other “Self”. My life motivation

My Son

My dear beloved son, there are so many questions invading my mind at this moment and I find no answers to them:
I ask, why God, who own our lives, calls you to his side so soon?. You were still very young, so full of life and hope, planning to marry Sara your girlfriend and have children. Why you, my dear son, if you were an excellent human being in all your endeavors as a son, brother, boyfriend, friend, professional, and no doubt becoming an exceptional husband and father?. That is why I do think it is not right for your departure, that you deserved to be here longer on earth. Or is it that God preferred to take you to his glory leaving your beloved ones with all this sorrow?. I imagine that God, little by little, will help me to find answers to all my questions, because he may have a valuable reason to decide to take you to heaven. I do believe in the earthly life and also in the celestial life, for the time being that doesn’t comfort me, I do ask God to give me strength of spirit to understand you going away, to console my life and help me to ease this pain that invades my whole being. At this moment I do have two reasons to soothe my grief; one is that you gave your life performing the job you loved and the other is that God has already given you a very special place in heaven next to him.

My other “Self”

I remember your telling me: “Mother, I want you to know how much I identify myself with you, as my brother Jorge identified himself with our father. From you, I inherit my personality, my character and the way to relate to other people”. As your mother I knew you were so proud of us being so much alike, that me proud because that was your way to thank me. Dear son, you did not only inherit all those good traits from me, but also you had that beautiful smile of yours that always accompanied you and will continued with you into heaven.

My life motivation

My loved son, as you knew that you and your brother were my motivation to come and live in the United States. I wanted to live close to my boys, my future daughter-in-laws and grandchildren. In fact, thanks to you I am a legal resident in this country, and after your brother Jorge returned to Venezuela, you had been the person always supporting me in my first years as an immigrant, that had not been easy, so you were my motivation, my fuel to go ahead. When you came to visit the new home that my husband and I bought, you expressed to me how proud you were of me, and my achievements in such a short period of time. I want you to know that thanks to God and to you, I am close to three years living in this country, that I am already adapted to my new life, and I am happy living here, where I will continue full of hope and giving the best of myself to reach my goals, which you already knew, so that every day that passes you will be more proud of your mother, because you will be forever my great inspiration.
My love, receive my blessing, I know that you are already smiling in that special place in heaven next to God, I will eternally treasure the memories of your beautiful person, so you will always be in my mind and heart…














I love you,

Your mommy,
Mildred

No comments: