Saturday, October 01, 2005

A man who exemplified Brotherhood

There are so few people we meet in our lives that truly reflect all that we hope to become; or more importantly, those we are garteful to have met and call our friends. If there were any, Rob was one.

You had an impact on me as a person who set goals and achieved them. From the first day we met, you made it clear you would become a Navy Pilot. You did just that! I am not sure of the circumstances surrounding this horrible accident; however, we can all be sure that you did your best to protect your crew as you would have done in any situation for anyone who needed protection or help.

I know that as I reflect on the tragedy, I am reminded just how lucky I am to have been kept out of harms way while serving in the Navy, how lucky I am to have friends and brothers who have elected to carry on this all important work to protect Americans and the way of life we so often take for granted, and how lucky I am to have so many close friends who have my back and for whom I have theirs.

Thank you, Rob, for the protection you have provided us, and for the protection you will continue to provide while we are separated by the greatest of distance, yet closer because of it.

We will never forget!

LeBel

No comments: