Monday, October 03, 2005

Get Rowdy

It's hard to find words to say about you that haven't already been said. When first hearing of this blog site, I expected many sad comments dealing with this situation, but soon to realize that almost everything said in here is upbeat. Either it's about some funny story of an experience had with you, or about your stellar character, determination, dedication, and friendship encountered by anyone who knew you well. And It got me to thinking. IS THERE A SINGLE BAD MOMENT SOMEONE COULD HAVE WITH TEGUI. The answer is clear. Not one moment I ever had around you lacked laughter, sincerity, support, passion for life, some catch phrase with hilarious but yet appropriate vulgarities, and an all out positive outlook on life. I have had a few friends pass in my time, many way too young and semingly unfair, but one thing I can say about you brother is that NOT A SINGLE MOMENT of your life was wasted. You brought joy to all that were around you. You LIVED life to the fullest. You always wanted people around you to smile and have fun... achieved it; You set a high goal of being a pilot for the Navy... Achieved it; You always wanted to be someone that people could depend on... achieved it. Brother, you have been a great influence to me and I will never forget you. I would like to extend my condolences to Rob's family, Fiancee (who I never met but am assured that she must be superb to catch the undivided attention of Rob), and Rob's close close friends and brothers. Tonight I sat at Alehouse for over 4 hours with brothers and friends of yours and mine just reminiscing of fun times spent with you. In a four hour period, we did not run out of stories to tell. If it had not been for the dreaded words of "last call" I'm sure we could have told stories for many more hours without going dry. I even met a friend of your that I have not met before (Rick G), and every story he told was like I was there for it. You were unalterable. Over the years, you have not changed; just grew up a bit and took on additional responsibility. You're legacy will continue. If I could grant a wish, it would be that I wish i knew you earlier.

Just a quick one liner that no one hit on that Rob also used to say all the time (outside of the one Tup hit up on):
"GET ROWDY!!!"
Since day one of me getting a bond number, "get rowdy" has been on my page brother (for those who know what I mean). I have tried to live by that saying since. You truly lived the bond. I will miss you dearly.

Yours in the bond,
Matt Lussier
-461-

P.S. Ritz might as well shut down, cause the life of the party there is gone

No comments: